Jump to content

College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences

Office of the Dean
150 Mrak Hall
530-752-0108; http://www.caes.ucdavis.edu

In the dean’s office you will find:

  • Staff advisers who can help with university and college rules, regulations and policies and procedures that affect students
  • Academic advising; in-depth advice regarding probation/dismissal status, admission to the college, readmission, second baccalaureate options, and limited status enrollment requirements
  • Advice and action on petitions
  • Other services including college English requirement check, release of holds on registration and final evaluation for graduation

Associate Dean of Undergraduate Academic Programs

Associate Dean
150 Mrak Hall

The college has an associate dean of undergraduate academic programs and advising staff who welcome the opportunity to become acquainted and to talk with individual students. They can also help you with academic problems if you are placed on probation or subject to dismissal.

Faculty Advisers/Staff Advisers. You will be assigned a faculty adviser to help you plan a program that corresponds to your individual educational interests. The master advisers coordinate advising within a major. Staff advisers in the department can advise you on courses, specific requirements of majors and career opportunities. You are strongly urged to consult with your faculty adviser or staff adviser each quarter before selecting your courses.

As educational objectives evolve, you may, in consultation with the master adviser for your major, choose a new faculty adviser whose area of expertise corresponds more directly to your specific objectives.

Undeclared/Exploratory Program (non-degree program)

150 Mrak Hall

Are you unsure what major you really want to pursue? If so, you may want to register in the Undeclared/Exploratory Program. With the help of staff in the dean's office and the major advisers, you can explore specialized options, develop your decision-making abilities and select the major best suited to your needs. For registration purposes, indicate “Undeclared/Exploratory” on your admissions materials. You must declare a major before you complete 90 units; see Declaration of Major.

Page content manager can be reached at Catalog-Comment@ucdavis.edu.

Updated: November 21, 2017 12:17 PM