The Graduate Program in Electrical & Computer Engineering
M.S. and Ph.D.
Electrical & Computer Engineering; 530-752-8251
The Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering prepares graduate students to do meaningful research and acquire skills and insights vital to solving some of the world's most complex technological problems. Our graduate program offers a challenging and stimulating environment, covering optical, wireline and wireless communications, telecommunication networks, computer engineering, circuits, electromagnetics, physical electronics, optoelectronics, control, and signal processing. The depth of resources in the study of circuit design alone, with one of the largest faculty groups in the field in the UC system, distinguishes us from other programs, while our program in microwave communications and devices is unique.
The Electrical & Computer Engineering Graduate Program benefits from the highly interdisciplinary culture at UC Davis and attracts faculty from biomedical, chemical, electrical, computer, civil, and mechanical engineering, as well as computer science and mathematics.
Many of our graduates go on to leadership and technology management roles in industry, returning each year for our industrial affiliates meeting to network with other industry representatives, current students and faculty.
Generous financial support is available in the form of research assistantships, teaching assistantships, fellowships and financial aid.
- Communications, control, networking, and signal processing
- Computer engineering
- Electronic circuits
- RF, micro- and millimeter waves
- Physical electronics
Research Facilities and Partnerships
- Center for Information Technology in the Interest of Society
- Northern California Center for Nanotechnology
- Center on Polymer Interfaces and Macromolecular Assemblies
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- California Lighting Technology Center
- PlanetLab Consortium
- Sandia National Laboratory
Complete Information is on our website.